Exclusive: Midway inks more Memorial Green tenants
April 3, 2017
Houston Business Journal
Houston-based Midway has executed more leases at Memorial Green, a 14-acre luxury mixed-use district near the Memorial Villages, and all of the newly committed retailers hail from two industries: health and beauty.
The following tenants have signed onto Memorial Green:
- Ceron Hair Studio, a salon with one location in Houston's Uptown Park
- Eighteen Eight Fine Men's Salon, a luxury barber shop franchise
- Define Body & Mind, a contemporary fitness studio
- Isle Pedi Spa, a foot spa and nail salon
- The Lash Lounge, a salon franchise specializing in semi-permanent eyelash extensions
Square footage information on the tenants wasn't made available. But roughly 74 percent of the ground-floor retail space has been leased, Midway's Ann Taylor said, and lease negotiations are underway for the remaining 26 percent of space.
In total, Memorial Green has leased 37,500 square feet, Taylor said, and there's still 25,000 square feet remaining for either retail or boutique office tenants.
Most recently, Midway announced that Lam Bespoke, a Montrose custom furniture shop, will open its second location in Memorial Green. Farm-to-table restaurant Dish Society will open its third location in Memorial Green.
Tenants such as Minuti Coffee Stores, Heritage Texas Properties and more have signed leases at Memorial Green.
Memorial Green, a luxury residential, commercial and retail destination is being built on about 14 acres at 12601 Memorial Drive, east of Beltway 8 and a few miles south of Midway's successful CityCentre project. There are 91 luxury single-family homes planned, a central green plaza and gated community parks, Class A office space, restaurant space and retail space.
In May, Midway announced it had finished developing 54 of the proposed 91 home lots in the development.
Midway could be diversifying its Houston portfolio in the coming years. Midway's David Hightower, the company's newly minted executive vice president of development, told the Houston Business Journal in January that the development company best known for its mixed-use projects was mulling land deals ranging from between 20 acres and 2,000 acres.
Hightower said that nothing – including more mixed-use developments or even a master-planned community – is off the table.
"A master-planned community is nothing more than the sum its parts, and Midway has nothing but a great track record in all of those parts," he said.